Young Allies Preview II

Sunday, June 14, 2009


Marvel has provided Comic Book Resources with a 7-page preview of Young Allies, words and all. The book comes out this Wednesday, so mark your calendars.

Also, I saw an advanced copy of the book and the printing is spot-on! I've never had a more accurate representation of my colors, so I've been happy all week. I'll be sure to do an extensive post on what changed and how I came across the answer.

We'll have a couple guests for the upcoming Wacky Reference Wednesday, so you won't have to look at my face for at least a week. Right now, I'm finishing up a Ms. Marvel cover with a 60s theme, followed by a few promo pieces for a major Marvel event. And Philly is next weekend as well. It's gonna be a busy week.

9 comments :

  1. Very nicely done! You must have a blast working on these! I love the wacky reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shawn. Young Allies was definitely a fun gig. It comes out tomorrow so, hopefully, I'll be signing some issues this weekend in Philly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read Young Allies. Beautiful work. Hope to see more of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke, thanks for picking it up! I think my next project is going to be an oversize Amazing Spidey issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Paolo! I also wanted to put in a good word about your work on "Young Allies." It was a lot of fun but I already feel like I have to go back to study how you laid out and composed those panels. Your storytelling is really solid.

    So glad to hear you're back on a Spidey issue! Your Punisher issue hit in all the right ways. Spidey was creepy and criminally funny at the same time and your art, specifically the scene underwater, really conveyed the jeopardy involved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quick question - is the lovely lady in Paris with the obligatory baguette based on anyone in particular?

    She's mighty fine and I thought she could be another guest spot on your Wacky Wednesdays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am grabbing this issue the minute this comes out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael, I'm afraid the "lovely lady from Paris" was straight out of my imagination. Then again, she does have my hands.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.