Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 63

Tuesday, June 30, 2009


Woverine's got a hangover and Spidey's trying to keep him from getting into a fight. This is another example of the many "takes" required to get the right pose. What I often have to explain at conventions is that it's not so much about drawing as it is about acting. I can draw a full figure out of my head, but a particular gesture always seems richer when I've tried it myself.

While I didn't actually have a hangover in this pic, I was channeling prior experience.



3 comments :

  1. That's some very convincing wincing haha. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude your so right it really is all about acting, and getting the characters to convey that emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Maikeru. I've had lots of practice.

    And yes, Reau, acting is where it's at. I guess all those high school drama and musical theater classes finally paid off.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.