So Long, "Noughties"

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Amazing Spider-Man: Extra! #2 (page 8, panel 4)
2009
ink on Marvel board (original art)
11 x 17.25"

As we celebrate the end of the decade, I'd like to thank everyone for reading this blog (and supporting my work in general). Despite the pervasive, media-promoted consensus that this decade "sucked," it was, in fact, excessively kind to me. I started the decade with a high school diploma and a ticket to art school... and ended it with my dream job, in every sense of the term. Next year promises to bring even greater opportunities as Marvel has given me a fantastic project, due in late July, coupled with the pledge of intense promotion. They've treated me very well for nearly eight years and, even with their new "mousy" identity, seem to be more accommodating than ever.

So with the utmost gratitude for your continued support, I wish everyone the best in 2010 and beyond. Happy New Year!

8 comments :

  1. Happy New Year Paolo. Thanks again for all for the hard work that you put into your blog. It is a daily inspiration for me and I look forward to the next decades worth of your awesome art .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog, always a treat. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and yours Paolo. Thank you for this blog and for great art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Paolo! Glad to know all you wanted came true...there's more from your awesome pencils to come and that's my dream realized for sure!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everybody! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just thought I'd mention that it was a bit of a Paolo Rivera Christmas in these parts.

    My girlfriend (now fiancee!) knows that I check your blog for tips and techniques as I work on my first comic.

    This year, she actually themed all of her XMAS gifts as a show of support for my book.

    She came here and researched and bought tools you've recommended (parallel ruler, uni-ball mechanical pencil, drawing leads) as well as Mythos! So incredibly sweet.

    Thank you not only for your hard work and talent but also for sharing the process with us here.

    Best in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael, that made my day! Sounds like you've got a "keeper," but you apparently already knew that. Congratulations on the big news and best of luck in the new year.

    Maybe I should do a wedding cake topper sculpting tutorial... hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.