Four Fantastic Villains

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Four Fantastic Villains. 2010.
Acrylic, gouache, and watercolor on bristol board, 11 x 17".

This is the second of 5 Fantastic Four anniversary covers that will be used for various titles. I believe this will be on the cover of X-Men #245, which hits shelves in February. It was a pleasure to use green for a change, which doesn't happen too often. I even had to reorganize my palette to accommodate the shift in hue. Also, as you can imagine, this will provide plenty of fodder for Wacky Reference Wednesdays.

Later today, I'll be giving a painting demonstration at Pratt for Jim Hoston's illustration class. While it's not open to the public, there's a chance I might be able to tape it. I was able to record my lecture in Toronto, but the audio wasn't good enough to merit posting it here.

6 comments :

  1. Paolo this cover is really amazing. I like the composition a lot and the way you draw all of them. Doom and Namor are very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. That's an awesome painting. Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, gentlemen! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please let there be a Wacky Reference for that Namor pose. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have no fear, Serafi. It will be posted in due time.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.