Wacky Reference Wednesday, No. 148

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Daredevil #1, page 15. Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on Marvel board, 11 × 17.25″.

This is our first introduction to a new character, Kirsten McDuffie, the assistant DA who "knows" Matt Murdock is Daredevil. I forgot to include the pen behind her ear in the pencil stage, a key prop for the following page. Luckily, I caught it before turning in the final work, but not before Javier Rodriguez had colored it.




In my first attempt at laying out the page, I placed Matt up on the ledge of the building. This was deemed (with good reason) to be a little too much. Matt may be having fun with the fact that people think he's Daredevil, but he still has to maintain some kind of facade.


1: Layout, 4 × 6″  2: Pencils  3: Blue-line print with digital borders.

2 comments :

  1. It makes a much better storyline to have him NOT on the ledge, but damn, I like that angle in the second panel. Really love Wacky Reference Wednesdays. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's the real reason I put him up there... it was just more fun to draw. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.