Daredevil #22 Cover

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Daredevil #22 Cover. 2012. Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on Marvel board, 11 × 17.25″.

This was one of my latest covers released in the midst of the New York Comic Con. It features the new "Superior" Spider-Man costume, which is much like the old, save a few tweaks here and there. This will probably be my last Daredevil cover for a while, but I hope to come back at some point — there are still a few images that I just have to get out of my head. I was also able to record most of the digital drawing phase for this cover, so I'll be sure to make a time lapse video of that in the future.

The deadline for the Wacky Reference Wednesday 200 Contest is fast approaching (the 24th). Should I extend it another week? That would give you guys the chance to incorporate Halloween costumes if need be. Let me know in the comments.

9 comments :

  1. I'll be bummed if you're changing the way you draw Spider-Man's eyes! Always loved that about your rendition of him. So unique, so much character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I tried to make them more like the way I usually draw them, but I just couldn't make it work with the new style guide. I promise to get back to it eventually.

      Delete
  2. I second that...your spidey eyes were freakin' amazing....don't change them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Stiltman cover ever? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rob! Some of the layouts I came up with were pretty funny, but this one was the most dynamic of the bunch.

      Delete
  4. It would be awesome if you extended the deadline to Halloween! I have an idea in mind but my neighbors already think I'm weird enough without me running around outside as Spider-Man

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff, I'll be sure to pick this book up! Also, I fully was thinking the same thing about spidey's eyes. The way you drew them before was your signature way of doing them, which makes them better. Keep up the good work though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jamie. My Spidey eyes came up quite a few times while touring the UK. It's one of the few things I did early in my career that I still think was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.