Wacky Reference Wednesday, No. 205

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 Cover. 2012.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on Marvel board, 11 × 17.25″.

Avenging Spider-Man 15.1 comes out today (the "point one" signifies a good jumping-on point for new readers). The cover features a montage of my favorite Doc-Ock-themed Spidey art, all of which are featured below. They may not be photos, but I couldn't have drawn it without them, so I think they count as reference. Down below, you can see a detail of my pencils where I forgot to draw the under-arm webbing on Spidey. Fortunately, my Dad caught it and picked up the slack.



Otto-matic!



Inks
Blue-Line Print


Pencils
Digital Composite



Digital Layouts





Digital Layouts

No Webbing!

6 comments :

  1. There's an incredible amount of work in your covers, and a great love for the subject matter. All the best for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see your thumbnails for the covers - Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, guys! Yeah, for this one in particular I just had a bunch of concepts that just came naturally. That's not always the case, though. I'm struggling through some right now.

      Delete
  3. Loved seeing the process for such a great cover

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.