Avengers #5 Variant Cover

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Avengers #5 Variant Cover. 2012.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on Marvel board, 11 × 17.25″.

Here's my latest Marvel cover, starring Hawkeye, Sunspot, and Cannonball. Posing for this reference made me want to shoot a bow and arrow again — might just have to have go to the archery range soon. As for spontaneous combustion, I think I can wait. This also happens to be my 100th Marvel cover! Once the last 2 have been revealed (Avenging Spidey 19 and an Iron Man Variant) I'll post a 10 x 10 montage of the whole lot.

4 comments :

  1. Beautiful cover , mr Rivera , as usual !I enjoy a lot with this blog every week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daniel! You need to update your blog more! Love your work, as always.

      Delete
  2. Interesting how you put Hawkeye's quiver on his hip or lower back. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I saw quite a few Olympic archers with hip and ground quivers. I almost gave him a back one as well, but opted for the simpler solution.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.