The Valiant #2 Preview

Monday, December 15, 2014

THE VALIANT #2 PAGE 11. 2014.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

Thanks for all the kind words on the first issue of The Valiant! The first printing has sold out at the distributor level, and a second printing will be available in time for the second issue. Speaking of which, here's a lettered preview of the first 5 pages, plus a gallery of covers.

As was bound to happen, I need to take another blog break as I finish up the last couple issues of the series. (I'm halfway through the 3rd issue right now.) I may check in from time to time, but you can usually find me on Twitter with sneak peeks of my drawing board. Thanks again for all the support!


THE VALIANT #2 PAGE 10. 2014.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

3 comments :

  1. Hey Paolo, good job here!
    a question:
    because you do not done direct inks upon digital sketch? because still makes pencil? takes no more time to do the page?

    Hugs from Brasil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing about a third of the pages digitally as a way to save time. I've found that it takes me the same amount of time (and sometimes less) to do everything, including inks, digitally, as it does for me to pencil traditionally.

      Also, I try to save the "cool" pages for the traditional route.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.