Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 13

Wednesday, July 9, 2008


This is a sequence from page 11 of Mythos: Captain America. It's a good example of the freedom I get from Paul Jenkins, the writer of the Mythos series, to expand upon his script. Originally, this was one panel in which a drill sergeant chews out Private Steve Rogers for his bumbling antics. I thought it would be interesting to time his push-ups with the insults, which slowed down the pacing before a big reveal in the next panel.



And this is little ol' me fighting gravity on my rooftop in Brooklyn. In the distant background, you can see the "Verizon Fortress," a giant cubic building across from mine with virtually no windows, 8' thick walls, and security cameras all along the perimeter. They're probably watching me blog right now.

In other news, today is my 100th post! In other, other news, the Leyendecker show at the Society of Illustrators is incredible. If you are anywhere in the vicinity of Manhattan, please find the time. You will not be disappointed... unless you have a personal grudge against Leyendecker.

1 comment :

  1. Man I love Leyendecker. Now I gotta get to the Society and check out that show while its still there.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.