Another Day, Another Dollop

Tuesday, October 21, 2008


I've been meaning to post these for a while. Back when I used to paint (and paint a whole lot) I would save the pieces of tape on which I scraped used paint. These, of course, began to add up and so became a calendar of sorts, marking my progress through large projects (in this case Mythos: Captain America, The Iliad, and The Twelve). I eventually took them down from my wall, but not before taking some pics to commemorate the end of Mythos.




10 comments :

  1. I think you should continue painting but find a faster way to get it done! your painting is fine and you are following ross's footsteps. the only ones that are close are you and esad ribic. And you are getting closer and closer to the dynamic composition that makes one great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (friendly podcaster)

    Hey PR, look at you gettin' all artsy and what not!

    Kidding..! Bravo sir, way to turn nothing into something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great home much paint gets wasted? I always lament at what could have been made with the piles of dried paint I scrape of my palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think april is wrong. it is fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Anonymous, but don't be too hard on your daughter. Whatever doesn't kill me (and I hope April doesn't) can only make me stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i want those daub strips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I somehow missed this post, the comments to which you alluded to when we crossed paths last week. I actually agree with April's mom, fancy. Reminds me of Tom Phillips's Terminal Greys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the link, Bean. I really like those paintings. Makes me want to do something a little more organized.Maybe I'll take some pics of my old oil painting scraps... I think there's still a tub of them somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.