NYCC 2010 Commissions: Sunfire

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sunfire. 2010. Watercolor on paper, 9 x 12".

Folks... it has been an awesome week for me, both personally and professionally. But that's about all I can say for the moment. In the meantime, here's a Sunfire head study that was commissioned at the New York Comic Con, but completed afterward. For those of you still waiting, I finished 2 more head studies this week, Hawkeye and Gwen Stacy, which I will send out today.

Have a great weekend!

11 comments :

  1. Wow. That's nice. The commissions all nice, of course, but this one really highlights what a great character design Sunfire is. It's like looking at him for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This needs to be your Halloween costume next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you just made me like Sunfire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys. I've known of the character for some time, but I still don't know much about him. Looks cool, though.

    Joe, I'm afraid that would be too much work. But If you make it, I'll wear it. But not in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work as usual, Mr. Rivera.

    Do you have any plans to do another painted work for Marvel?

    Best.

    Rogerio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Rogerio. I still paint covers for Marvel, but we've got no plans for any interior work. I'm just too slow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jon, I'm afraid not, but he's next on the list! He told me either Gwen or MJ, and I still haven't decided.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha sweet- I/he kinda doesn't want to know which until he opens it. But very much looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm suddenly tempted to do a classic Spidey split-face, but with Gwen and MJ. Naw, I won't do that to him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that would have been an awesome surprise-- too bad it's ruined!

    i know what to ask for next time though.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.