Action Comics 18 Cover

Friday, February 22, 2013

Action Comics #18 Variant Cover. 2013.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

This already hit the web a couple days ago, but I figured I might as well post it here. This is my first official work for DC, so I'm pretty excited about it (see below). It should be out late next month. If all goes well, I should be doing some more work for them in the future, including a short story. It's been a while since I flexed my sequential muscles. Have a great weekend!


Superboy, circa 1985 (?)

13 comments :

  1. Is this short story for that digital superman anthology?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. But as soon as I can talk about it, I shall.

      Delete
  2. Hi from Spain Paolo.
    You really have a superpower: one of more great artist talent in comicbooks industry!!
    Beatyfull cover and wonderfull work, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cover artist for the big two at the same time. He shoots, he scores! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nick! This was a blast... hope to do lots more for them this year.

      Delete
  4. Hi from Spain again!

    Who are your favorite comic book pecillers? And which are your sources of inspiration?
    Thanks in advance for your answer and still work as brilliantly as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miguel! The list is far too long, but if I had to narrow it down, I'd say that I grew up on a steady diet of Alex Ross, Jim Lee, Joe Mad, and Adam Hughes. But there are countless others.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your kind response Paolo!!
      I agree with you specially in Alex Ross and Adam Hughes, but in my 'personal top-ten' your name is absolutly essential.

      Delete
  5. Hey is there a way to get this as a poster? I just finished reading the comic and I saw this cover and it's the perfect sort of souvenir of the storyline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nick! I'm not sure if DC has any plans to make it into a poster. Sure would be cool, though.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.