Westward Ho!

Monday, April 22, 2013

Daredevil. 2013. Ink on sketch cover with Acryla Gouache, 7 × 10.5″.

Well, it's official: I'm leaving New York. It's been 10 years since I moved to this wonderful city and it's been very kind to me. I may not get out to see it as much as I'd like, but whenever I do, it's quite the spectacle (especially with all the superheroes).

My wife-from-the-future has gotten a fantabulous job in California and, since I can work from anywhere with an internet connection, we'll be moving to the Bay Area very shortly — next month, in fact. It's all happening a little faster than originally planned, but its pretty exciting.

I'm still planning on attending Heroes in Charlotte and Supercon in Miami, but (sadly) I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend NYCC (I've gone to every show since its inception).

But fear not! Before we go, I've got a micro-painting in the Microvisions show at the Society of Illustrators. The auction to benefit the student scholarship fund goes live tomorrow, but the opening is Wednesday night, from 6-10. Hope to see you there.

2 comments :

  1. Will you be taking any commissions or doing any kind of sketches for Heroes Con?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be taking names eventually. Stay tuned to the blog and I'll provide an email address where you can sign up. Thanks!

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.