April & Raph

Friday, January 24, 2014

APRIL & RAPH. 2013. Digital, 3400 × 4400 px.

In case you missed the link on Twitter or Facebook, our wedding was featured on Style Me Pretty! (Huge thanks to our photographer, Tory Williams!) I posted most of the art from the event previously, but not the Thank You cards. I did the whole thing digitally, from sketches to color. I had wanted to write the "Thank You" in the Turtles lettering, but my editor (my wife) voted it down. I was also going to draw the Turtle Van with a "Just Married" sign and Mousers dangling behind... but there wasn't room. Oh, well.

And down at the bottom, you can see my sketches for our wedding cake topper. I did a time lapse of the sculpting process, but haven't spliced it all together yet. Someday. In the meantime, have a great weekend!









4 comments :

  1. Best wedding ever! Your florist was top notch, as well as your photographer, too. I passed that article along to my boss at the flower shop where I work for her to see what a cool event you had. You two are beautiful. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really had no idea what to expect with our florist or band, and both really blew me out of the water. Couldn't have asked for more.

      Delete
  2. I wanted Han and Leia as a topper on my wedding cake, but it was nixed by the Mrs. Divorced now, so I might get a second shot.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.