Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 325

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

BETTY & VERONICA #3 Variant Cover. 2016.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

I thought this cover had already been published, but now I think it might not be out until next year. Either way, here's the process behind the art. As you can see in the pic below, I cheated a bit on the pencils (but gave my Dad no such shortcuts).


I fit right in!


inks by my Paw!


blue-line print of pencils


pencils over digital sketch


additional comps


digital layouts

3 comments :

  1. A lesser artist, such as myself, would have probably just flopped one of the figures. Regardless, it's the composition and colors that really make this pic stand out. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I totally flopped the figure. In fact, I only drew one and just copied it. But thanks!

      Delete
    2. Oh thank God, you're human! Still amazing but human. ;-)

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.